Borrowing and Renewals
- User must present a valid Library Card at the Library Counter to borrow material.
- Library Card is non-transferable. Adminstration fee of S$20 plus prevailing GST will be charged for replacement of Lost Card.
- Renewal of membership is upon approval only. Please come to the Library Counter personally during library office hours (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm)
- All Reference books, bound and current periodicals, indices, microfiche or microfilm must be used within the library premise. Please do not take them out of the library.
- Materials from the archives must be used IN-HOUSE only, and CANNOT be photocopied.
- Borrowed library materials can be renewed only once, as long as the materials are not under reservation. The new due date is based on the date of renewal.
- Users can renew library materials online via http://sbcportal.vvibrant.com/ . Please click on “Loan Activities” and key in your library card number as your ID. If the web is not available, user can renew by phone (6559-1531) or in person.
- All borrowed materials should be returned over the library counter during opening hours.
- If the library is closed, you can return via the book drop. For books returned via the book drop, the returned date will be the next working day.
- Audio-visual (AV) materials, CDs/DVDs must be returned at the Library Counter.
- Course Reserve materials must be returned at the Library Counter.
- Users are advised to check their library accounts through http://sbcportal.vvibrant.com/ the day after returning their materials to ensure proper return of borrowed items. Please click on “Loan Activities” and key in your ID (library card number).
- Overdue fine is S$0.20 per day per item. Users appealing against overdue fines because of illness must present a medical certificate.
- When students graduate, take leave or drop out of school, they must return all materials borrowed from the Library, clear any outstanding fines and return their library card.
- Users can make reservations for items-on-loan at library counter or via the library website. Please click on “Loan Activities” and key in your ID (library card number).
- Users must pick up the reserved items within 3 days from the day the books are returned,otherwise the items will be re-shelved and available for other users.
Course Reserve (CR)
- Each user can borrow up to five CR items for 5 hours at a time. Renewals are allowed only once, as long as the item is not under reservation.
- If materials are returned after their due hour, users will be fined S$0.20 per hour.
Lost and Damaged Items
- The user must report lost books at the Library counter during office hours as soon as possible.
- If the user reports a lost book after its due date, the outstanding overdue fines must be paid.
Payment Policy for Lost Books
For Lost Book to be replaced by user
- User must replace the lost book as soon as possible.
- Administration fee for lost book is S$50. The user must also pay overdue fines if applicable.
For Lost Book to be replaced by library
- User will have to pay the list price including the freight charges for the lost book, plus S$50 administration fee, and over due charges, if applicable..
- For ‘out-of-print’ books, the charge is S$100 (for books in Chinese) and S$250 (for books in English and other languages), plus S$50 administration fee, and overdue charges, if applicable.
Lost Materials (other than Books)
The following charges apply for lost or damaged AV materials.
- Videotape : S$50.00
- Cassette tape : S$50.00
- CD, VCD : S$100.00
- Others (including puppets, teaching aids) : S$100.00