Dr. Calvin Chong
School of Theology
Associate Professor, Educational Studies
- PhD Educational Studies, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- MTh Old Testament Studies, King’s College, London
- BA Theology, London Bible College
- BA, National University of Singapore
- Graduate Diploma in Education, National Institute of Education
Calvin Chong is Associate Professor of Educational Studies at Singapore Bible College. He has been part of the SBC faculty since 1995 teaching in the OT department, serving in academic leadership, and now teaching across multiple disciplines including pastoral ministries, educational design, as well as intercultural studies.
He is author of several articles focused on changing global realities that impact church and society, youth and young adults, and ministry amongst oral and visual learners. Currently, he has a book project The Christian Community’s Service to Migrants: Singapore Stories which is about to be completed and released.
Dr. Chong serves on the boards of the Evangelical Fellowship of Singapore and the migrant NGO Healthserve. He is also on the leadership team at Covenant Community Methodist Church where he serves as Worship and Music chair. He regularly serves as spiritual director on tours to Bible lands. He is married with two grown up sons.
- Bible Study Methods
- Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation
- Ministry to Migrants
- Teaching-Learning Processes
- Urban Missions
- Changing global realities that impact church and society
- Youth and young adults
- Ministry amongst oral and visual learners
- Ministry amongst low-waged labour migrants
- Urban missions
- The role of the arts in ministry