International Students

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (hereafter named the ICA) requires that all international students possess a valid student pass throughout the duration of their study. The following information lists guidelines for entering Singapore and steps to obtaining a student pass. For further details, please refer to

1. Student Pass Application

The Registrar’s Office will facilitate the Student Pass application procedure. Students are responsible for submitting the following items together with their SBC programme application:

Note: Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.

2. Entry to Singapore (Visa and Embarkation Cards)

Please do not come to Singapore until the Student Pass has been approved. On approval by the ICA, the Registrar’s Office will email the Immigration In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter to the student. The student may then make whatever preparation needed to come to Singapore.

At the Immigration Checkpoint, the student is required to fill in the Embarkation Card. A social visit pass of a one-month stay in Singapore will be granted.

Students from China, India and Bangladesh will need a visa for entry to Singapore. Together with the Embarkation Card, the IPA letter given to you will be the Visa Entry for you to enter Singapore.

3. Completion of Student Pass Formalities

After arrival, the student will need to fulfil the ICA requirements before collecting the Student Pass. The Registrar’s Office will guide the student to complete the Student Pass formalities and obtain the student pass within the 1-month stay as a social visit pass holder. The process will include:

4. Financial Standing

Students are responsible for personal and family financial expenses incurred during the course of study. They must have adequate financial resources or support from church, family, friends, savings or other means; otherwise, a student pass will not be granted. Immigration laws forbid holders of a student pass and long-term social visit pass to engage in any form of paid employment. A breach of the law may result in cancellation of pass and repatriation.


1. Long-term Visit Pass (LTVP)

Each accompanying family member requires a long-term visit pass (LTVP) to remain in Singapore for the duration of the period of study. The student may obtain the Application Form from the Registrar’s Office. Application for LTVP can only be done in person at the ICA by the student and the family members. The student is responsible for subsequent pass renewal. Failure to renew before the expiry date will result in a hefty fine. The following documents are required for the application:

Note: Official translation of the certificates is required if they are not in the English language.

With effect from 1 February 2019, foreign-born children aged 12 years old and below, who are applying for the Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) issued by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), will be required to submit documented proof of vaccination or evidence of immunity for Diphtheria and Measles to the Health Promotion Board with their application to ICA for their long-term stay in Singapore. .

Please refer to Health Promotion Board FAQ page for further details:

2. Children's Education

International students who wish to enrol their children in local primary or secondary schools can apply through the Ministry of Education (MOE) at Admission is subject to assessment tests conducted by the school of choice. The entire admissions process takes at least two months and parents are responsible for taking care of all the necessary details involved.

Children below 6 years old may enrol into preschool programme in Singapore. For further details, please refer to

3. Off-campus Accommodation

Currently, SBC does not have sufficient facilities to cater for families with children to stay on-campus. Any student who is accompanied by family with children will have to look for an off-campus accommodation. For further information, please refer to or