IT Applications Manager
Reporting to Director of IT Services – Oversee all application development, program analysis, evaluate the performance and usability of applications, ensure quality assurance procedures, etc.
- Lead and supervise the IT Applications team members who procure, customise and/or build the next generation of the College’s software systems for HR, finance, student management, donor management and other administrative tasks
- Work closely with Director of IT Services and internal stakeholders to gather requirements, codify optimum work processes, and deliver appropriate software solutions
- Evaluate performance and usability of the College’s existing applications to identify bugs or gaps, design improvements, and build roadmap for future releases
- In the spirit of the “Agile Manifesto,” enforce Quality Assurance procedures, collate stakeholders’ assessments, and conduct user tests for continual feedbacks
- Stay abreast of the latest software technologies used in Web/cloud computing on all common platforms (e.g. mobile, PC, Mac)
- Utilise industry-standard best practices for project management, sustainable software development, code versioning, etc.
- Provide second-level support to the IT Operations and EduTech teams in the College’s ongoing technological needs (e.g. maintenance, upgrades, helpdesk)
- Prepare quarterly report and budget proposal for development tools
- Develop and review technical documentation and user manuals for all software
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 7 years of experience preferred in front-end, middle-tier and back-end software; in industry parlance, someone who is well on the way to becoming (or already is) a “full-stack” developer
- 4 years of experience preferred in managing the development and delivery of enterprise software
- Have a passion for higher education
- Prior experience in developing software in higher education institution is a plus
- Strong communication skill with both technical and non-technical staff
- Proficiency in English and Chinese (both written and spoken)
- Good leadership and organisational skills
- Willing to work beyond normal office hours (if necessary) to complete urgent assignments or support IT Operations
- Applicants are expected to submit a completed application form together with a photo and current resume to the attention of Ms Melly Lai via
. You may download the application form from the website of SBC at www.sbc.edu.sg.
- Please indicate your last drawn salary, expected salary and earliest commencement date.
- You will receive an email notification from us once your application has been processed.
- Incomplete applications may be rejected without prior notice.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 January 2017 16:27