IT Operations Manager
Reporting to Director of IT Services – Monitor and carry out all daily hardware and software maintenance, ensure the effective performance of mission-critical systems, provide support to stakeholders’ technological needs, etc.
- Lead and supervise the IT Operations team who monitor and maintain the College’s hardware and software on a daily basis
- Ensure the availability and performance of College’s mission-critical systems (e.g. network connectivity, email, database system, etc.) in a complex, mixed platform environment of 500 users
- Evaluate the usability and effectiveness of the College’s existing IT infrastructure to identify gaps and build a roadmap for future improvements
- Provide first-level support for the College’s ongoing technological needs of internal stakeholders, excluding EduTech systems
- Provide second-level support to the systems developed and supported by the EduTech team
- Implement helpdesk system with trouble ticketing and service-level tracking
- Develop and review IT procedures for backup and recovery, network/data security, and crisis management
- Collaborate with Business Estate Office in implementing IT systems which support the College’s physical security (e.g. CCTV, etc.)
- Utilise industry-standard best practices for project management, hardware inventory tracking, etc.
- Prepare quarterly report and budget proposal of the IT Services Department
- Any other duties as assigned
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent IT-related field
- At least 5 years of experience preferred in systems and/or network administration in mid-size enterprise
- At least 2 years of experience preferred overseeing a team of IT Operations
- Industry certifications in at least two of the following areas is a plus: PC support (e.g. A+), systems administration and engineering (e.g. MCSE) and/or network engineering (e.g. CCNA)
- Have a passion for higher education
- Prior experience in overseeing IT Operations in a higher-education institution is a plus
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff
- Proficiency in English and Chinese (both written and spoken)
- Good leadership and organisational skills
- Willing to work beyond normal office hours (if necessary) to complete urgent assignments
- Applicants are expected to submit a completed application form together with a photo and current resume to the attention of Ms Melly Lai via
. You may download the application form from the website of SBC at www.sbc.edu.sg.
- Please indicate your last drawn salary, expected salary and earliest commencement date.
- You will receive an email notification from us once your application has been processed.
- Incomplete applications may be rejected without prior notice.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 April 2017 10:56